Your wedding venue should be chosen with care, as it will set the tone for your whole wedding day! Here are some tips to follow before you start making phone calls to local venues:
- Set your guest list. You don’t want to fall in love with a venue and then find out that it only accommodates half of your guest list
- Decide on your aesthetic. While barn weddings may be all the rage, if your wedding is very formal it will be difficult to style
- Consider using a planner. They have the inside scoop on all the area venues and may be able to help you pare down the list quickly, saving you time on site visits
- Take note of the décor. The sparser the venue, the more you may have to spend on décor and flowers
- Consider transportation and lodging for your guests. An out of the way venue may be less expensive, but you may be putting a strain on out of town guests who must rent cars and hotel rooms
- Find out if there are vendor restrictions. You may love the cakes that your grandmother makes, but the venue may have rules about cakes or food brought in by unqualified vendors
- Ask about catering options. Do they provide in-house catering and bar service, or do you have to bring in outside services?
- Is there ample parking? If parking must be paid by your guests, consider negotiating a special event rate, or providing the guests with parking vouchers
After your date is secured and your venue is chosen, we’re here to help with the next steps! Cream City Weddings is your one-stop shop for quality, affordable wedding photography, wedding videography and wedding DJ services in Milwaukee. For more information on our services contact us today for a quote or appointment.